The Bethany Project2 Aspen Fold, Oswaldtwistle,
BB5 4PH Accrington, Lancashire
|Teléfono:||+44 (0)1254 879694|
|Dirección de Internet:||http://www.bethanyfamily.net/|
- Ayudantes voluntarios serán bienvenidos.
- Organización de apoyo
- Política social/Discapacitados
- Política / Proyecto de educación
The Bethany Project (often referred to as the Bethany Family) is registered in Tanzania as an NGO. It is administered by The Bethany Project (Tanzania) UK, founded in 1986.
The Bethany Project is a children´s home and school in Magu District, Mwanza Region, Tanzania, East Africa. The Bethany Family is made up of over 120 orphaned, abandoned or abused children who have no one else to care for them.
Bethany´s aim is to help the most underprivileged, deprived and vulnerable members of society, especially orphaned children, providing education where possible. It will carry out this work with love, commitment and compassion
• To continue to care for orphaned, abandoned and abused children.
• To provide these children with a Primary and Secondary education which will include an emphasis on the value of honesty and integrity in all things.
• To provide a teacher training college providing courses at various levels for both our children and others again with an emphasis on sound Christian principles to live by and to set an example to the students they will teach.
Stages to fulfill our aims:
• Improve and increase our present accommodation by the building a 6 new smaller dormitories and demolition of our old boy´s dorm.
• To build purpose built classrooms for both Primary and Secondary school age children.
• To build a small teacher training college for those of our children who want to become teachers and also living accommodation for those from outside.
Bethany´s task is to prepare and equip the children for the day they leave and live independent lives. Our motto is "hard work and good behaviour".
Graham Pountain acts as a co-ordinator at the The Bethany Project (Tanzania) UK.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.