Action for Rural Women´s Empowerment – ARUWEP.O.BOX 28564; Plot 800B Block 16 Rubaga
|Telefon:||+256 (0) 393 102 852; +256 (0) 778 896 317|
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
Action for Rural Women´s Empowerment (ARUWE) is a non-profit, non-government organization working with marginalized groups of people, especially rural women and children in Uganda. ARUWE was established in 2003 as a community based organization and later registered as an NGO in 2008.
Initially, the organization started its operations in Wakiso district supporting women to increase agricultural production for household food security and income generation. Currently, ARUWE operates in the central and north-eastern regions of Uganda focusing on socio-economic empowerment of women and children.
A world in which women and children realize their full social-economic and civic potential.
To empower Women to initiate and manage their social-economic development processes through strengthening community participation, advocacy and service provision.
• Empower women to eliminate any practices inhibiting their social and economic development.
• Empower communities to access and utilize quality health services.
• Support inclusive education for vulunerable and marginalised children especially the girl child.
• Enhance community capacity to mitigate and adapt to climate for sustainable development.
• Strengthen organisational systems to enhance effective operation and management of its processes, structures and procedures.
• Women Economic and Social Strengthening: Agribusiness and Enterprise Development; Women´s Financial Inclusion; Women Rights
• Sustainable Health Communities: Water, Sanitation and Hygiene; HIV and Sexual Reproductive Health; Nutrition
• Climate Change Resilience and Adaptation: Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security; Environment Conservation; Renewable Energy
• Education and Lifelong Learning: Inclusive Education for poor; Improved Children´s Learning Environment; Life and Vocational Skills Improvement
Agnes Mirembe is the Acting Executive Director of Action for Rural Women´s Empowerment (ARUWE).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.