Academy of Grassroots Studies and Research of India (AGRASRI)
(Working towards Self-sufficient Village Republics of India)Plot No.11, Sri Venkata Sai Nilayam, Thummalagunta, S.V. University PO
517502 TIRUPATI, Andhra Pradesh
|Telefon:||+91 0877-2244777; +91 09441245085|
|Ansprechpartner:||Dr.Dornadula Sundar Ram|
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
Academy of Grassroots Studies and Research of India (AGRASRI), Tirupati was registered in 2011 as an autonomous, independent, non-political, non-profit and Professional Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), being headquartered at Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh.
The motto of AGRASRI is Sarve Bhavanthu Sukhinaa - Prosperous Life and Inclusive Growth by all.
It is founded to provide an environment suitable for the study and promotion of academic research, training, policy advocacy and networking in grassroots democratic institutions for self-sufficient Village Republics. The primary object of the academy is to develop a sound and efficient grassroots democratic system in India for achieving the Gandhian dream of Gram Swaraj.
The Vision of Academy is to enhance the people´s participation in development programmes and sound management of rural local self-governments through grassroots democracy and process of democratic decentralisation in the form of statutory Panchayati Raj Institutions, as self sufficient Village Republics in India.
Academy´s mission is to:
• Cater the needs of elected representatives of Panchayati Raj Institutions, Municipal bodies and administrative personnel of Panchayati Raj Institutions and Nagar Palika administration;
• Bridge the communication gap between the officials and non-officials of the Panchayati Raj and Nagar Palika Institutions;
• Conduct innovative study and research on contemporary political and socio-economic issues and problems in an inter-disciplinary perspective and to make available its findings and recommendations to the key policy makers at the helm of affairs for an appropriate action;
• Open a new vistas of the Academy´s programmes to various professional organisations in India and abroad for strengthening grassroots democratic theories and ideas; and
• Build regional, national and international networks, with organisations working on grassroots studies and research.
Projects and programmes:
• Academic Programmes: National Seminars/Conference/Workshops/Round-Table Meetings
• Special Programmes: Bharat Ratna Rajiv Gandhi Memorial Lecture
• Capacity Building & Training Programmes
• Orientation Programmes
• Awareness Programmes: As a professional NGO- the AGRASRI is bringing out awareness among the rural mass, Self-Help Group members, school children, tribal population and social activists towards the micro-planning, AIDS, communicable diseases, environment protection, clean and green, Right to Information Act and other social related issues through essay writing, elocution competition, quiz, debates, symposia and rural camps, with the help of university professors, medical doctors, NGO´s and other enlightened persons.
• Youth Resource Centre: To realise "Development of Youth" and "Youth for Development"; Organise life skills, computer training, personality development, livelihoods and employment, and health related programmes for the school and the college students of the area; Develop vocational skills of rural young women and enabling them to supplement their family income for sustainable livelihood.
Dornadula Sundar Ram is the Director of the Academy of Grassroots Studies and Research of India (AGRASRI).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.
Academy of Grassroots Studies and Research of India has organised the 14th Bharat Ratna Rajiv Gandhi Memorial Lecture programme on 'Is Inclusive Economic Growth: A Myth or Reality', on 20 August, 2016 at Hotel Bliss, Tirupati. Dr. V.K. Saraswat, Member of NITI Aayog, Govt. of India, has delivered the Lecture and received the Bharat Ratna Rajiv Gandhi Outstanding Leadership National Award for the Year 2015 in recognition of his services and contributions in Missile Technology and Research. Dr.A. Chakrapani, Hon'ble Chairman of AP Legislative Council, Hyderabad, has conferred the Bharat Ratna Rajiv Gandhi National Awards (in 7 Categories) for the Year 2015 on the selected nominees, duly selected by the Jury headed by Dr. Subhash C. Kashyap, Former Secretary-General of Lok Sabha and eminent Constitutional Expert.