Action for Community Development (ACODEV)
Transforming CommunitiesP.O. Box 22234, Plot 1238, 300m off Kisaasi Rd. Bukoto
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
Action for Community Development (ACODEV) was founded in response to the plight of suffering men, women, in children in Western Ugandan whose lives had been uprooted by the violence of the Allied Democratic Forces (ADF). ACODEV was founded in 2003 by community members for community members, to stand in solidarity and rebuild.
We have offices in Kampala and Kasese and are working across Eastern and Southern Africa. We are mobilizing tens of thousands of women, men, children to address the plight of their own communities.
Our vision is a society where children, women and men are happy, healthy and economically productive.
Our mission is to serve and empower communities in East and Southern Africa through the promotion of innovative solutions in the areas of Human Rights, HIV and AIDS, Reproductive and Child Health.
• Human Rights: ACODEV´s Human Rights Program aims at raising the voices of the masses–namely those at the margins–to not only know their rights, but to demand that they are realized. In this program, we have four major components: Violence Against Women Prevention and Response; Child Protection; Partnership Program; Human Rights Based Approach to Programming
• HIV / AIDS: ACODEV is now a leader in comprehensively addressing HIV & AIDS by promoting prevention, increasing access to treatment, and mitigating the epidemic´s impact. In this program, we have two major components: Orphans and Vulnerable Children; Integrated Approach to HIV Prevention
• Reproductive & Child Health: Our Reproductive and Child Health Program works to address the behavioral, structural, and systematic elements that enable safe motherhood. In this program, we have two major components: Leadership Development Program; Maternal, Neonatal, and Child Health
• Research & Policy Analysis: ACODEV designs and conducts participatory community assessments, research, and evaluations pertaining to our program areas. These findings are disseminated and used to identify policy gaps and inform policy development.
• Awareness-Raising: ACODEV raises community awareness and enlightenment in our program areas in order to increase knowledge, civic competency, and community responsiveness.
• Advocacy: ACODEV facilitates effective and participatory advocacy and community activism in order to increase demand for social services and improve mechanisms of accountability.
• Systems Strengthening: ACODEV builds the capacity of structures at all levels of society in order to increase their responsiveness and effectiveness in addressing the needs of communities.
• Partnership Development: ACODEV promotes partnership development with relevant government sectors, ministries, and other development actors in strengthening effective, coordinated implementation and support in its program areas.
Kabanda Obed is the Co-Founder and Executive Director of Action for Community Development (ACODEV).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.