African Calabash Volunteer
Giving Life to the Hopes of the UnderprivilegedP O BOX 67
EJURA, Ashanti Region
|Telefon:||+233 24 7979000|
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
African Calabash Volunteer is a charity organization in Ghana that seeks to promote the Millenium Development Goals through volunteering, Advocacy and Capacity Building. The organization is based in Ejura in the Ashanti Region of Ghana. The African Calabash Volunteer was started by a group of teachers in the Ejura Sekyedumasi District in the Ashanti region of Ghana. The group was mobilized to start the membership base of the organization by the founder, Richard Kofi Armah in the year 2009.
The aim of African Calabash Volunteer is to promote the welfare of the indigenous people of the community where it operates through volunteering and charity works.
The Organization will fulfill the aim by:
• Providing regular community service work sites.
• Expanding service education and awareness through conferences, workshops, lectures and guest speakers.
• Advocating for the rights of people in need and promoting human right education.
• Encouraging significant social and economic progress for adolescent girls and women.
• Campaigning for the abolition of child labour and forced labour
• Mobilizing resources to help curb the vulnerability of individuals and community to HIV/AIDS.
• Investing in the education of marginalized and vulnerable children and youth.
• Helping indigenous people to acquire greater skill in using ICT and creating new opportunities for income generating activities.
• Providing relief aid to victims of natural disasters.
• Promoting the education of the environmental protection agencies.
• Promoting the physical, mental and social well being of children.
• Microfinance programmes: We have been able to create several income generation activities through our Microfinance project. African Calabash Volunteer is currently working on implementing the Village Savings and Loans Association (VSLA) in poor communities.
• Education: African Calabash Volunteer is affiliated with many schools in Ghana to enable our volunteers to help raise the reading, writing and speaking abilities of children in our communities.
• Developmental disabilities: This programme is open to volunteers who want to teach children with developmental disabilities.
• Albinism awareness programme: African Calabash Volunteer is an organization that also aims to provide information, advice and support for people with albinism and their families. We also provide information about the condition to professionals working with people with albinism, and other appropriate interested parties.
• Conservation and environment: In spite of the numerous benefits we derive from the forest, the forest continues to be under serious threat of degradation. This has also contributed significantly to climate change and global warming. African Calabash Volunteer Conservation and Environment Programme aims at planting more trees and educating people about the harmful effect of depleting the environment of its natural resources.
Richard Armah is the Founder of African Calabash Volunteer.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.